Delicious high protein Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowls are made with chicken breast, black beans, brown rice, cheese and smothered in hot sauce. Perfect for meal prep!
Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowls
These healthy Buffalo Chicken Bowls are high protein and high in fiber and so delicious I crave them! They’re great for lunch, an easy weeknight dinner, or meal prep. If you want to add some veggies, serve them with some avocado on top or a salad on the side. More easy meal prep recipes are this Taco Salad, Greek Chicken Rice Bowls, and Honey Sriracha Chicken and Broccoli Bowls.
Buffalo Chicken Bowls Ingredients
- Chicken: Cut three boneless, skinless chicken breasts into half-inch cubes.
- Onions: Dice a half cup of red onion. Feel free to use yellow onion if you don’t have red.
- Seasoning: Paprika, cumin, salt
- Black Beans: Rinse and drain one can of low-sodium black beans.
- Buffalo Sauce: You can buy it premade or make a fast homemade buffalo sauce with Frank’s Red Hot, melted butter, and garlic powder.
- Brown Rice: Swap it with white rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice if you prefer.
- Cheese: You’ll need half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Scallions for garnish
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowls
- Onions and Black Beans: Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-low heat, add the onions, and cook until they’ve slightly caramelized. Stir in the beans, spices, and salt, and cook for a few minutes.
- Chicken: Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Next, heat a large skillet over high heat, and spray it with oil when hot. Cook the chicken for about five minutes, flipping it so it browns on all sides. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and toss with hot sauce.
- Assemble the Bowls: Put rice in each bowl and top with the bean mixture, cheese, and chicken. If you’re eating the bowls right away, I like to microwave them for 30 seconds to melt with cheese. Then top with scallions.
How to Meal Prep Buffalo Chicken Bowls
You can make ahead these buffalo chicken bowls and eat for quick meals over the next few days. Layer all the ingredients in small glass containers and store them in the fridge for up to four days. When you’re ready to eat, reheat them in the microwave until warm.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
- Buffalo Chicken and Bean Chili
Your comments are helpful! If you’ve tried this healthy Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl recipe or any other on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. And if you took a photo of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare it on my Stories!
Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowls
- 3 8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup canned low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, Franks
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup part-skim cheddar cheese, or dairy-free cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook until they have caramelized slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add black beans, paprika, cumin and salt; stir to combine and heat through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- While that cooks, heat a large skillet over high heat, when hot spray with oil and add the chicken.
- Cook until browned and cooked through in the center, about 5 minutes, flipping so it cooks on each side.
- Set aside in a medium bowl and toss with the hot sauce.
- Pour 3/4 cup rice in each bowl, top each with 1/4 cup beans and cheese, divide the chicken over the bowls.
- If eating right away, I like to melt the cheese by putting it in the microwave 30 seconds. Top with scallions.
For meal prep
- Refrigerate up to 4 days. To reheat, microwave about 3 minutes or until heated through.